Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tuscany

For some reason unknown, today I thought of my visit to Tuscany. I was there a few years back, and I went unknowing what it was.
A scene really stuck with me.
We visited a farm with a group, and had pasta and wine while staring off at the distance. And what a distance. The farmlands seemed to stretch out forever, while a medieval city marked the horizon line. It was like seeing skyscrapers in the middle of nowhere, only they weren't skyscrapers, but instead stone towers from long ago. Olive trees were lined up with the discipline of a Roman legion, quite fitting as we were indeed in Italy.
I also had 'the World's Best Ice Cream' there, and Italian gelato is famous for a reason.
Now I look back wishing I was brave enough to visit the medieval torture device museums, or went to the city dressed in medieval armor because I felt really out of place in a t-shirt and sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment