Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Poetry

I might have mentioned my little green poetry notebook before, but if I didn't:
It's a pocket-sized notebook where I write poems from the perspective of a character. His name is Dave, he is a high school senior when the notebook begins, and continues onto college as it goes. He also has a rather harsh life and poetry and music are his ways of escaping from it all. 
Here is a poem I wrote in this notebook in Brooklyn Bridge Park (yes, he lives in Brooklyn) while I was at Pratt. It's always fun asking random people for rhyming words as you travel along the mysterious rat infested holes of the subway. It's rather simple. 

Sad Summer Day

Brooklyn weather:
Don't wear leather.
You will burn,
Sun tan earn.

Oh boy, summer,
Makes you dumber.
Got no aim, 
Everyday the same.

Lonely and sweaty,
Lifespan petty. 

This is a photo I took while I was there :) 

Here is another one. 

5 A.M.

My insomnia has lasted 
too long;
I need some medicine
for a good long sleep
with no waking.
Morpheus take me,
give me sweet eternal dreams. 

--------

The reason I don't always share these poems is they seem rather personal to him and might sound odd coming from me, but I might publish some I like later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment