Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Internal Strength?

A few months ago I was diagnosed with tendonitis on my arms which resulted from overworking myself. My muscles have healed by now, but occasionally when I write too fast I can feel them straining.
This would suggest that I don't have enough muscle in my arms. And I believe this is true, as when I flex them there's not much to see.
But there's something I don't really understand.
I have a power of lifting things I would think impossible. I can carry people heavier than me, and carry many other things people deem heavy. Yes, it's true that I can't carry people around for too long, or my arms get tired rather easily, but how can I lift all these things in the first place?
I used to think my back was strong because of horse riding, but this idea slowly shifted:
could people have a mental strength that allows them to do things their body puts limits on? Can I carry these things only because I have the willpower to do so?
Then how strong is the spirit?

This reminds me of the Green Lantern comics. They have the cheesiest concepts, but one really impressed me. Green represents willpower. Blue represents hope. Blue lanterns are the most powerful lanterns, but they cannot access most of their powers unless they're in the presence of a green lantern. Because hope will not do anything without will.
This relates to my previous post as well.
Perhaps the power to do anything exists in us, but we only need to conjure the will to do something with it. And if we have enough, we can do anything, and everything that breaks the boundaries around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment