Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Glimpses of 8th Grade

Hello!
For the last few weeks I've been always reminded of Harry Potter and how I used to love it, and today we were talking with Ezgi about a fanfiction we wrote together in 8th grade.
It was about us, going to Hogwarts, with the next generation of Harry Potter characters. I read it all again an hour ago.
I missed writing that! I feel like both our writing has improved massively (maybe Ezgi's more than mine? But she was always better than me so that's no shock). Anyways, the story is about my character, Jennifer, a Ravenclaw, and Ezgi's character, Eve, a Gryffindor. They're best friends although they're in different houses, and they're both dating our favorite new gen male character at the time. Mine is Teddy Lupin (still is, mind you). He's the son of Remus and Tonks and he can change his appearance and all that jazz but we made him use that ability so he could have colourful hair. Aaaaaaannnyways and Eve was with James Potter III.
So not too much happens at the start of it, they've just come back from summer holiday and everyone misses everyone yadah yadah yadah, but my favorite part comes when they play Quidditch. It's Ravenclaw vs Gryffindor... Gryffindor hasn't lost a match in a century. Ravenclaw isn't too hopeful. But yet they go out again—"“ Captains, shake hands.” Madam Hooch ordered. As James Potter and Marcus shook hands, I looked at our rivals. Teddy, floating right beside James, winked at me, and Eve, my best friend gave me an evil grin. Madam Hooch opened the trunk, the two devils, bludgers, flew into the air. Then the rest was a blur."
He match goes on without much action... Gryffindor winning with a big score difference. When all hope is lost for Ravenclaw, their seeker Larry finds the snitch. But before he can catch it, the Gryffindor seeker Eve catches up with him. When her fingers are scraping the golden ball, something hits her arm...then her head, and she crashes to the ground and passes out. 
Two bludgers, both shot by Jenny. 
Then of course when Eve gets better she's angry at Jenny, and when Jenny is coming to apologize for almost killing her, Eve insults Jenny in the worst way a witch could possibly be insulted, and slams a door to her face. Then all this drama occurs and it's actually funny. 
I just love this too much. Toooooooo much. I wish we continued this. Even if we don't, I'll be drawing these scenes for a while now :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you add at least another episode?
    It'll feel different writing an addition, but it might satisfy your longing to engage the story again.

    ReplyDelete