Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Enfocamp Madrid

Hello! I came back from the summer camp yesterday after waiting for my luggage for an hour.
My room felt different, but my comfy bed welcomed me without any hesitation.
This entry is about the two weeks I spent in Madrid.
I couldn't blog earlier because I didn't have a computer or the time to blog.

I arrived at campus around 1 on Sunday. Someone from my class, Çağla was also going to this camp (coincidence) and we were even on the same plane, so I found her and we walked around and sat for the entire day until around 5-6 when we met a group of English speakers. I never really liked them from the beginning—they were 7 girls chasing this guy who looked like a copy of Justin Bieber. We spent the night and the next morning with them. Monday morning, we took a test to determine our level so we could be separated into classes. The test was extremely hard. Extreeeeemely hard. But I got sorted into A2, which is the medium level and it was the highest level any of our friends had.
After the test we were standing outside the building waiting for our results with the Bieber group, and I was utterly dying of boredom. While walking around, this guy smiled at me, and I saw him later on and noticed he was around a group of boys all speaking English. You see, most people at camp were just mumbling things to me in fast Spanish. As I stood being bored, I saw a girl with colourful hair talking about how she liked an artist named Birdy. I knew Birdy. Just when I was about to walk away from the Bieber group, Çağla strolled next to the girl. I followed. The girl was talking to a Turkish girl named Pamir, and we all met, and the topic changed to good looking guys at camp. Pamir showed them the guy who had smiled at me, and I told them he knew English. So we went next to him and talked to him. We said Pamir thought he was hot, and Pamir being the shy Turkish girl, ran away. Anyway, we met this guy: Jonny. We also met the people he was talking to: a group of Chinese boys. The only one you must care about, is Charles.
Our group of 5 had formed. We spent the rest of the day with Jonny, Maria, and Charles. The glares we received from the Bieber group as we laughed loudly as they sat bored made me feel successful.
We had classes from 9:30 to 13:00. I was rather alone in the class—I had no friends and no one sat to my left side. After telling our interests in Spanish though, a Brazilian guy named Arthur (who was sitting at my right) asked me which books I liked to read. He liked Dan Brown, and I was currently reading Deception Point, so it was a perfect timing.

The rest of this will be a quick summary of everything. After class we ate lunch and had activities. We went around Madrid, saw museums, spent 4 hours sitting in Park Retiro, sang a song next to the Gate of Alcala, did whatever we wanted on permission days, visited Toledo and Salamanca and won scavenger hunts, went to the pool, etc. At night we had different activities like parties, dance contests between boys and girls, violent games like the green ball game where 3 Seniors (15-18 yrs) were versus 30 Juniors trying to throw a huge plastic ball into the other teams goal (but since I'm so tiny I ended up being dragged across the floor and my iPod broke and etc. and I hated the game), and etc. I hated that we slept so late though.
One day we went shopping with the girls, one day we hung out at the mall, we just had loads of fun.

About my friends;
Maria is the Hawaian who's going to live in Madrid. She failed her math class and took art instead. She's very relaxed and fun.

Charles is the Chinese guy who entertained all of us with his funny stories, perverted jokes, and dances.

Jonny is the Irish kid who had a funny pink sun tan and turned me into a huge metal fan. He plays bass guitar, guitar, and drums.

Arthur is the Brazilian book fan. He also likes Harry Potter and Batman!

Michelle, Rachel, and Melanie are the Asian girls. Rachel is a little too competitive :)

Dasha is the Ukrainian girl. She was annoyed by how her English wasn't too good and she was left out of conversations because of it. She's extremely nice!

Grayson is the oldest in the group. He's American, and constantly complaining about how immature we were.

Mark is also American. He's hilarious.

Camilo is 1/3 American, 1/3 Italian, 1/3 Turkish. He spoke Turkish pretty well, he was funny too.

Waaaah that's pretty much it.

I'm sad I left all my friends, they were my family for 2 weeks. We did everything together.
If any of you manage to stalk me enough to find this blog and read it, a message to you:
I love you all and I'm very glad I met all of you. Although sometimes you totally ignored me and left me behind, I'm still very happy of everything we did together. I hope to see you lot again, tell me if you come to Turkey!!


I'll blog more this week, I'll write more too. I didn't have time to write at camp, but I drew loads.
~Chubby Pigeon Out

No comments:

Post a Comment