Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Spreading Religion, Destroying Empires

The Inca Empire was a giant empire. The Incas worshipped many gods of nature. They were ruled by a formidable emperor who was a descendent of the sun god. The people were always well fed, and lived in rather good conditions. They were conquered by the Spanish, and the empire fell in the 1500s.
Franciscans were followers/disciples of St. Francis. They were Christians, mostly Catholics. Saint Francis was a man who decided to live in poverty, away from all materialistic desires.
The Franciscans travelled to the newly discovered continent along with the rest of Europe. The general purposes of these travels were to colonize America, and spread the European cultures and religions. The Franciscans wanted to spread Christianity, and then the teachings of St. Francis. The Franciscans not only affected the religion of the Americans, but also the language they spoke and allowed them to experience the Spanish culture.
The Franciscans were a mechanism for building a connection, a bridge, between the European and Incan cultures.


-----------

This blog post has been open the whole day because I couldn't pick photos! But here are some I took in Greece! I quite like these:



This was a boat designed to look like a pirate ship! Pretty cool!




Sting! I was extremely tempted to buy this but I prefer using my imagination with my wooden sword at home, and I already have the Ring, so I didn't really need it. 

Farewell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment