Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Boom Kapoww Whack!

I was very upset earlier today and I talked to a friend who somehow managed to calm me down. Thank you very much!
And then my dad gave me a paper package. Of course this made my day (or the 2 hours left of it) amazing!
So I spent some time reading all my new comics. When I first read them I'm usually too excited and don't concentrate on the details, but then for 2 days I read them over and over again.

What do I think of them?
If anybody reads my blog they're probably Marvel fans, but oh well.
I think the DC reboot isn't as horrible as I thought it would be. It seems like everything is getting more violent and bloody (probably because the art is better).
I like the slight change in the Flash's costume, and the comics were awesome, but STUPID CLIFFHANGER!
The Teen Titans disappointed me. Because suddenly they're not a group of teenage superheroes that get together to help each other, but they're totally awkward kids who are hyperactive (Kid Flash), a stalker (Red Robin), an angry kleptomaniac (Wonder Girl), an overexcited Mexican (Bunker), an assassin (Superboy), a slimy confused bug-girl, and a fake Starfire named Charcoal Girl I think. I liked Bart as he was, they changed him too much. I like Tim, and his costume with the wings is just awesome. Superboy was also a disappointment, maybe because I haven't seen much of him yet. But I have to wait for my next batch of comics to see what happens to Superboy.
Nightwing is awesome too. Not much to say, really. His new costume is too dark and I liked the blue on him, but he's still the guy he is.
Uhhh, Batman and Robin. I love the relationship between them. They're both in total confusion and don't know what to do (or it seems like it) and I'm sure it will be fun to watch them improve throughout the comics. My favorite Robin would be the first one, Dick Grayson, but this Robin (Damian Wayne) is definitely the second. And of course Alfred is still like the trunk of the tree while Bruce and Damian are the leaves and branches. Alfred is always there and awesome.

I am excited! Now I should go organize my comics.

The Teen Titans! There's a LOT of red in that picture. I don't like red.


For comparison, this is a cover of a Teen Titans volume before the reboot.

Kid Flash (Bart Allen) in the bottom right corner, Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandmark) right above him and Superboy (Conner Kent, Kon-El) right next to her. They changed them too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment