Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

101

Post no. 101. I think that's a cool number.

Today, I got braces for my bottom teeth.
I think these are worse than the ones for my top teeth.
First the dentist put on the rings for the back 2 teeth, and the aching started then.
While putting on the rest of the brackets, she puts something in your mouth to keep it open and stuffs cotton in the back and sucks all your spit.
It's a long process, and I think it's like torture. Your tongue is trapped, stuff are in your mouth, the nurse who's holding the thing that sucks the spit gets tired and rests her hand on your chest and you can't tell her that it hurts. By a certain time, your mouth gets so dry you actually don't feel anything and your tongue sticks to the base of your mouth.
And the braces are just so annoying. The top ones felt funny in my mouth, these bottom ones actually bother me so much that I wish I had no teeth. I can't even close the gap between my teeth properly because my top teeth hit the bottom braces and I'm not supposed to break them.

Ugh. Soup for a few days.

Only good side of this is that I'll lose a few kilos and my teeth will be 'perfect' by the end of it.

2 comments:

  1. Neo might have been comfortable in his room, but Winston found room 101 grossly disconcerting. Poor guy!
    I prefer 1001, and would gladly listen to an excellent storyteller relate her tales of imaginative adventure.
    Twenty-eight is also a good number to crunch. As neither of my parents have all their teeth, I'm fearful as Winston is of room 101 that I might lose my twenty-eight, fearful enough to wonder if I should commit to enduring what you've described.
    Maybe the orthodontist could hire Sheherazade to distract me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a while of research to understand that comment. Sadly I haven't watched the Matrix, or read 1984. :/

      Delete