Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Let me enlighten you, priest."

--- 'King' Hyperion.

And then he set the guy on fire. Now that was a nice pun/joke, but it was just cruel.

Before I talk about the movie, I will summarize my Saturday.

I went to the dentist and did some stuff about my braces. They're going to put them on on Friday o.O
After that, I sat at home and wrote a bit of my essay. I ate lunch, and we started driving to Atlıspor for horse riding. If you ride horses, you need to wear long thick boots, or these other things over your shoes. I have those 'other things'. I don't know what they're called in English. They're like...leather things that cover from your ankle to below your knee. Anyway, I was putting those on in the car.
I got car sick. It wasn't nice. And near the end of my lesson I felt like I was going to throw up, so I had to stop the horse. We got back home, I took a shower, and we went to Ankuva with my mom to watch Immortals. I was going to watch it with friends, but I couldn't arrange it, so yeah.
I stomach was still bad. I was still car sick, but I was sitting in the cinema, so that was a little weird.

The movie? It was the goriest movie I have ever watched in my short life of 14.5 years.
There was blood everywhere, and it was a little too realistic. 3D did not help with the goriness either.
Now, time to complain about the mythical side of the movie.
First of all, there is a reason why the gods are called IMMORTAL. They cannot be killed. Same with the Titans. They didn't die, they were ripped into pieces and thrown into the pit of Tartarus. Also, the Titans were not awkward gray skinned men who knew nothing but to kill and groan!
Then, the gods. Athena was too girly. And I didn't like her fighting style. Girl, if you keep spinning around, of course someone is going to stab your back. So much for the goddess of WISDOM and BATTLE STRATEGY.
I thought Ares was Hephaestus! I checked IMDb to be sure, and it says Ares. But the guy carried a HAMMER. And his face was way too childish to be Ares. I think they decided to merge the two brothers and call it Ares. He was too weak to be Ares!!
I can't complain much about Poseidon, he was just awesome, but in the last battle why did he not use his epic oceanic powers!?
I think I saw Hermes the first time the showed Olympus, but I'm not sure that was Hermes.
Where was Hera? Aphrodite? Demeter? Where were the rest of the Olympians? Where was HADES?
Zeus, where was your lightning? Your thunder?
Basically the gods were just a bunch of pretty people walking around half naked and getting their skin ripped out of their heads.

I could keep going on and on.

Oh also, Hyperion is the Titan of light, not a mortal king who likes to stuff girls into bull statues and roast them alive.

Anyway, I have some questions about the movie too.

Was this made because people wanted to see violence on the big screen?
Why does a 14 year old girl know more mythology than you?
Homer would be disappointed.
Was the purpose of the movie to tell people that there is a God and atheists die because they don't believe?
Or was it something else?

Overall, it was an entertaining movie and you should watch if you want to see some action.


Ughghghg my tummy does not feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment