Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

"You are...nothing to be proud of."

--Solf J. Kimblee
A character from the Fullmetal Alchemist manga. He's mad. He's violent. He kills people (but he dies too so that's good, I don't like Kimblee). He says this quote to a character named Pride, and I find that funny :)

Summary of my Friday before I get to the English:
I was staying over at my friends house. We watched Pokemon movies until 2:00 am. I woke up around 7:00-7:30. Then we watched "The Fellowship of the Ring". It was fun, but my parents dragged me to the parent-teacher conferences. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to go, but I wish I could have stayed with my friend a little longer. Anyway, we talked to the teacher and it was fun. Afterward (see, Mr. Dale? I didn't use the s), we went to a doctor for my foot, and he said it probably wasn't a big deal and I might have hit it somewhere because apparently my foot was like...squished... After that, we went to the dentist.
Getting my braces was kind of fun, to be honest. I mean, seeing all those weird dentist equipment is cool. What's not cool is the fact that they put this thing in my mouth that was supposed to suck the saliva so I wouldn't swallow, and after 5 minutes I couldn't feel my tongue because it was so dry. And I couldn't feel it until the whole thing was done.
What I'm most disappointed about is that the dentist didn't put those colourful plastic rings on my braces. I mean, come on, that's the only good part, isn't it? I was going to get blue and purple, and then I was going to put on nail polish of the same colour and then have a little outburst of joy.
At least she said I'd get them later.
It actually doesn't hurt at all. But it's extremely uncomfortable, and I can't eat. I can't bite, to be exact. It really bothers me. I had to swallow every single piece of pasta on my place, and when my mom asked if I wanted soup instead, I said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WILL NOT DRINK SOUP!" because of two reasons. 1- I didn't think I wouldn't be able to bite, and after realizing that, I could not give up and tell her I couldn't eat. That would be a sign of weakness. 2- Pasta, or soup? Definitely pasta.
I feel like a horse.

Ah yes, English class. In class, we read two stories named "Her First Ball" and "My Greatest Ambition". The first one was about a 18 year old girl going to her first ball, and meeting an old man who spoils everything but then forgetting him. The second is about a kid trying to publish his comic strips in a magazine.

This is what I wrote in class:

Connections Between Two Stories

The obvious relation between the two stories is that both the main characters had an ambition, and they were somehow discouraged. The main difference, is that the boy gave up on being a comic book artist, but the girl (Leila) continued dancing. They both let themselves be discouraged. Then there were the minor similarities, like how they were both young, that the person who discouraged them was older than then, how they both had relatives that helped them in their 'journey'. The two characters were a lot like each other too. Leila and the boy were a little new to everything and didn't know how things worked.

- - - - - - - - -

I decided to do NaNoWriMo next year. :D
Or I could have my own Writing Month, I don't have to wait for November.

Egh, I don't have any pictures to post.
Braces aren't nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment