Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Bit About Class

Good evening.
Um, I haven't talked about English class in a while.
We're reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. At first I did not like the book at all, but it suddenly became this amazing novel.
Two of our friends have told us about classical and operant conditioning. When I feel like I'm being influenced, I think about if it's classical or operant. I don't like it when this happens. It's like a physicist calculating the energy he uses up with every step he takes, while walking.
My friend Nebila and I presented a short power point about the '4 Loves'. They're 4 Greek words, representing 4 different kinds of love. I'll explain quickly:
Agape is unconditional love, deep love, between lovers.
Eros is physical attraction or love between lovers or just two people.
Philia is the love between friends.
Storge is the love between family members.

I just read Müfit's blog entry, (and unless you weren't talking to other people at the same time...well I doubt that anyway...I'm the skype conversation friend!) and I mean, you have made my day. I feel like I'm radiating happiness...like...glowing...Is that weird?

My 'novel' is very short right now. I need deadlines. But I have so much homework this week! Waaaahhhhhhhhhhh! It's so hard describing buildings.

I want to ask one of my friends to write a short story/scene relating to it...for inspiration... The problem is, I don't want to bother anyone and I don't think they'd be that interested! Maybe Ezgi would, but she must not get distracted from her own story!

Chubby Pigeon Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment