Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

O brave new world, that has such dragons in it!

Hello!
I haven't blogged in such a long time!! I've had a very weird week with happy days and horrible days. I think my feelings are effecting me physically. It's not nice. I need more sleep.
A friend upset me, our art project is too limiting and I don't get to do what I want, Cem's perfume is more like poison, I feel stupid...yes, more sleep is necessary.

In class we've been writing poetry, but using repetition. I posted examples of these in one of my last entries. Today, there's more!
We had to write down 6 words relating to each other and Brave New World. My words were: imagination, perfection, society, conditioning, similarity, uniqueness.
Then I wrote a pantoum inspired by these:

Perfect
we all must
be
in this world.

They force us to
be the same.
In this world,
we're conditioned.

"Be the same."
they say but we don't realize.
We're conditioned
to act as they want.

They say but we don't realize:
Perfect,
we're conditioned to
be.

***

I like it.
Now that loooooong poem we've been writing in class...Here is the unfinished version:

Don't you just love your imagination?
It helps us reach absolute perfection.
Who wants perfection? It's society
who wants perfection. Through conditioning
they change us so that similarity
overcomes the tiniest uniqueness.

Hey, you! Don't you just love your uniqueness?
Well, tough! They'll take your imagination
with it, so that your similarity
to the rest will be called their perfection.
How will they do it? Through conditioning,
I tell you! That's all 'bout society.

Where do we live? With the society
we live, right here with all our uniqueness
locked in our hearts. With their conditioning
we throw our precious imagination
into the same cage to reach perfection.
Dive in the waves of similarity.

Don't you just love your similarity
now? Now you won't realize society
gained its dream of inception: perfection.
So here we are, here we live, uniqueness
a bird without wings. Imagination
down the rabbit hole. 'Cause conditioning

did this to us. Because conditioning
changed us. Acquired similarity
we did, to others. Imagination.
What happened to it? Our society
is flawless, they have it all. Uniqueness
is unnecessary. Ah, perfection.

Wait, wait, is this what we called perfection?
Remember what we were? Conditioning
made us forget all of our uniqueness.
I try to recall...Similarity,
similarity...Oh, oh...Society
is perfect. No more imagination.

Imagination is perfection.
Society's weapon is conditioning.
Similarity is a calm sea, uniqueness is the spark at the tip of a match.

***

I hope I wrote that last stanza correctly.
I think I repeated myself a lot, because I had to use the same words!

I like writing poetry.

As our art project, we're designing a restaurant with the entire class. Everyone has a different job. I'm supposed to take care of the interior dining room architecture, which is basically the entire structure of the inside of the building. I had an idea I thought was really cool, but now my space is limited, everybody has different ideas, nothing is going like I imagined it first, and some people don't realize that I'm designing the interior, not them. So I'm going to show them exactly what I'm going to do, I will find a way to apply my own ideas, and I won't let them change anything about the architecture. That seems fair in my eyes.

I want to go watch Fetih 1453 but I'm still dizzy and I don't know if it will be good to stare at a huge screen for a long time...
I still want to go. But what if I get worse?

Mr. Dale, you seem interested in my dragon drawings. So I'll put some up here?

This isn't my first dragon drawing—I was drawing dragons in 5th grade, I think that's the earliest it gets—but I look at it now and think; Wow, this is...not my best work. But I was extremely proud of the drawing when I completed it—I think last year? I got inspiration from a bunch of places.


Edmund and his dragon—I was thinking of naming him 'Meron' or 'Emeron'. Oh look, they're flying up! I looked at a tutorial for this one, but I can't find the link now...Lets search for it... Okay, after a lot of searching I found it: http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/5541/1/1/how-to-draw-a-dragon-rider.htm


Saphira from the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon).


Links to some drawings on deviantART which are just awesome:
http://fav.me/d2du35v (rather bloody, this one)
http://fav.me/d6gt2n
http://fav.me/d3hwnr1 (the rider here is more manga style)
http://fav.me/d3alvnu
http://fav.me/d2vykta (the one in the tutorial)

I remember seeing another drawing when I was searching for the tutorial...but I can't find it!
All these inspire me to draw dragons. So I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment