Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Yay

Hello!

I won't be on the computer much because I have loads of stuff to do and I need to study.
But here's a blog entry before I do anything else.

My cousin had a birthday party yesterday, and when buying his gift on Saturday I got to visit Arkadaş Kitapevi. I directly walked to my little corner of 'fantasy books' only to see that the order of the books had been changed. So I walked around until I found the new location of the shelves. They had books I always see there, but they had the Mortal Instruments series too. I started reading the series last year and read the latest book 1-2 days after it came out (I got it in New York) last Spring. The newest book is coming out soon and I'm pretty excited about it.
The series is about these warriors called Shadowhunters who hunt down demons. They're somehow related to angels, and they carry swords which shine when their names are shouted. The story takes place in NY and includes awesome werewolves, vampires, warlocks and faeries.
I like the concept and the idea. At first I hated the main character and loved this guy called Jace but as the books continued this opinion was flipped upside down.
Honestly, the books are frustrating, devastating, and make you think "This is just so awkward, why am I still reading it?"
Why did I read it? Because I wanted to know what was going to happen. Because I liked the concept.
Anyway to the point, there's this other series by the same author called the Infernal Devices. It takes place 2 centuries before the Mortal Instruments. I saw the first two books of this series in the bookshop, and I decided to buy the first one.
I've only read up to the 50th page so far because I'v awfully busy, but I like it so far. The only problem I have with the book is the fact that the main two characters (Tessa and William) remind me of the main characters of the Mortal Instruments (Clary and Jace). Oh well.
Müfit says the book is terrible.
I don't know if he's just being destructive or if the book actually is terrible...yet...

Another thing I want to talk about is this dream I had this weekend. I saw two, one was about me being this expert fisher but I want to explain the other one. This one was on a huge cruise boat, but everything was older. The first thing I thought of? Steampunk.
I saw a family: a tall father with dark hair, a teenage sister, and a little brother. The one who stuck to my mind was the brother. He was around 8 years old. He wore a white shirt and a jacket and boots, but most importantly, white gloves. The father and the sister lost the boy on the ship, and they found him in this cafe sitting with a creepy old lady. The lady pulled off the kids right glove, revealing his steampunk prosthetic hand. It was actually pretty cool. But then the lady started talking about the kid using his talent and stuff and the kid got frustrated and ran off. The sister followed him. She found herself on a sidewalk by a bridge (wait, what happened to the ship?). Then she had her little adventures. But the kid was so vivid. I can still see him staring at me with his childish anger.

Yay English class tomorrow! More Julius Caesar!
This deserves an emoticon. ^_^

I like Foster the People. Yup.

That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment