Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

"You are sweating like a human, brother. Next it will be tears."

--Hades to Zeus (Wrath of the Titans)

Am I blogging too much lately?

I finally got to watch the Wrath of the Titans. The day it came out, we were in the cinema to watch the Hunger Games, so I couldn't see it. I was in Istanbul the next week, and last week my cousin had a party at the time I was supposed to watch it. This week I had plans of going to the movies on Friday, but they stopped showing the movie. I had given up all hope until my mom said "They're showing it at Cepa at 20:50"
I watched it with my dad which was a little awkward and not that fun, because it was last minute arrangement and I didn't think any of my friends could come (although I did see a friend at Cepa but he said he couldn't watch the movie).

The movie? I was really excited about it. It was about Perseus, after all.
And I think it was a great success after the disaster of the Clash of the Titans. I remember leaving the cinema after watching the Clash of the Titans with some friends: I was ranting about how they had destroyed the myth. And I don't think the Wrath of the Titans was really following any myth at all, but it was great.
In the movie, the gods were losing power because no one prayed to them anymore, and all sorts of monsters were escaping Tartarus. Zeus appeared in Perseus' house and asked for his help, but Percy sent him away, saying he couldn't leave his son. Zeus later on met up with Poseidon and Ares in the Underworld, and soon they realized that Hades and Ares had turned against them and were planning to bring Kronos out of Tartarus by draining Zeus' power.
Short summary:
Poseidon died, Perseus went on a quest and found Agenor the son of Poseidon and Andromeda, they found Hephaestus and a mechanic owl (Athena in disguise?) who led them to a secret labyrinth which led to the heart of Tartarus, a stupid soldier prayed to Ares who came and killed half of them and Hephaestus, Perseus Agenor and Andy made it through the labyrinth and found Zeus, they freed him and ran away while Ares was trying to kill them all, Kronos was released, Perseus fought Ares (and he should have died at least 20 times in that battle, I mean, Ares made marble columns collapse by showing Perseus into them!) and killed him, he made a weapon to kill Kronos by putting together the Big Three's weapons, he flew on Pegasus and down Kronos' mouth, Kronos exploded, somehow Percy survived, Zeus died, Hades became mortal, yup.

There were some scenes that I still see in my mind. One of them was a scene in the beginning: the ground cracked and the camera when down the crack, backwards first, then turning right down. Since it was in 3D I actually closed my eyes because I thought rocks were falling on me... Nice effects.
I loved the awkward brotherly relationship between Hades and Zeus.
I liked their interpretation of the Chimera too!
And cyclopses. Definitely cyclopses.

But Perseus should have died. Seriously. Being a demigod doesn't make you invulnerable—except in the case of Achilles. And he had a lot of luck. I also think there were some scenes which could be improved.

Oh well, although all the gods died and it was not logical, I still liked the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment