Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

“I’m glad you’re finally here, now ingest this fruit and we must leave.”

I love my character, Oran. If all the main four characters represent one part of me, Oran is definitely the bad, mean, and emotionally struggling side.

He's a mixture of fire and earth.
Kael is definitely water.
Claudia is air.
Isadora is air and water.
I think that really explains their personalities.

I read over the first chapter of my book...and I don't like it. Nope, I only like the first bit where Adrian is telling the story.
I know everything that happens, but I can't put it into words.

Anyway, today we talked about the four elements and the four humors. This entry is mostly about those.
I'm very interested in these stuff because I've always liked the idea of 'four elements' and everyone having an element.

In 7th grade my friend called me 'airhead' because I was a 'daughter of Zeus' and I called her 'pork' because she was a 'daughter of Ares' and we were 'demigods' but the point here is: airhead. When I heard the word today I got very excited but I'm sure no one else cared. In 7th grade my element was definitely air.
Now I think I'm sliding to the fire side. But I'm somewhere in between.
Air has always been my favorite element. It fits my star sign too: Gemini.

Enough about that, the four humors are choler (fire), sanguine (air), phlegm (water), and melancholy (earth). I think it was believed that when a person was healthy they had equal amounts of all the humors.
I was going to do more research about it, but I'm very sleepy and I can't explain these.

Another random reason why I was very interested in these humors was because I had a story about four characters who each represented one of the elements. I really liked them and their story, and I still do. I liked their conflict and how they solved it.
Khyno, the fire girl was short-tempered, liked hewing (hehehe), and was angry with everything. So I think she fits choler.
Drunt was the air dude, but now that I look at it, it seems like I've switched earth and air, because Drunt was always rather quiet and sad.
While Frank, the earth guy, was cheerful, flirty, etc.
Trianwa was the water girl. She wasn't exactly 'mellow'. She was arrogant and narcissistic. Oh well.
And their colours are rather matching too. Coincidence!

I have to dig through my locker again, to find Julius Caesar. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment