Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

RAWR!

Hello!
I'm here today to talk about that dragon article I read. It was in the 33rd issue of "NTV tarih"

I knew dragons were a big Chinese thing, but I never knew most of the European and Asian civilizations had included dragons in their religions and myths. The article says that in a story in the 13th century, it was told that when a snake reached the age of 100, it became a dragon, and God threw it in the water. After that, the 'dragon' drew out fins, and created waves in the sea. The dragon then flew into the sky and produced rain.
There were many kinds of dragons, like the water dragons, the sky dragons, and the earth/soil/ground dragons. While the sky dragons were good, the ground dragons represented bad things.
Dragons were said to be great guards. For example, in Greek myths, dragons protected special items; like the Golden Fleece and the apple tree in the Garden of Hesperides.
Dragons were wise, a source of life, and a part of the calender!
If you had slain a dragon, you were mighty and whatever. The article says Greek gods had to kill a dragon before they could be qualified as gods. I'm not sure if that's true. But Zeus did kill Typhon (although he isn't exactly a dragon)!

I kind of wish dragons were real. Even if I didn't own one, it would be amazing to see one.


Myself and my pet dragon Porfirio flying over a rainbow that radiated pink light in the middle of night which is scientifically impossible, but of well! Drawn with a program called dAMuro and drawn very badly too! Don't you just love my digital art?

No comments:

Post a Comment