Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Say what you want to satisfy yourself, but you only say what everybody else says you want."

--Mika

The quote? It's because I'm silently singing 'Grace Kelly' by Mika to myself.

The blog entry? I haven't posted anything for a while.

In class we're talking about plot, climax, and that kind of stuff. I'm really excited about it (I might look like I'm extremely bored in class, but I'm actually listening!) because I want to learn more about writing stories. I'm going to write a book or a short novel, so this information really helps! I'm still at the planning part of the story, and having too many characters doesn't help speed the process.

I tend to make "To Do Lists" for myself, and then I tick off everything I've done. I hadn't made one for two weeks or something, so I made one. And now I'm scared. The entire page is filled. Mostly drawing requests I get from people, but there are a bunch of other assignments and I have no idea how I'm going to manage it. But I'll do it somehow, even if it takes too long.

I have too many books to read. Like, 5.

I think I won't add anything new to both those lists until I'm done with most of them.

Anyway, in English class we're making this book list. We have to pick the books we would like to keep if all the books in the world were going to be burnt. My friend and I made a short list, and now we're trying to make a class list by showing everybody's lists to a certain 'chosen person' who will put them together. After that, each of us get a book from the class list, and we memorize a part of it. Then we read it to class! I have no idea what I'll get, but I hope it's something I like. If PJatO was in the list that would be easy for me since I read the 5th book (The Last Olympian) 6 times and knew most of it from memory anyway :P It's too bad PJatO is not in anybody else's list.

Happy Turkish Republic Day!!

~lightningbolt-13

1 comment:

  1. Just because your favorite title doesn't appear on others' lists shouldn't mean it won't appear on the final list. Lobby for it. If you lobby persuasively you might get what you want.

    ReplyDelete